Skip to main content

When a family feels they need to extend guardianship of a child due to medical or psychological reason, here are some places they can get assistance:

  • Alan Stucky, attorney 806-345-6300
  • Tom Hood, attorney 806-372-5569
  • TPMHMR "In Home and Family Support"
  • Kay Annon 806-349-5653
  • West Texas Legal Services 806-373-6808 (must qualify)

Panhandle Independent Living Center
1118 S. Taylor
Panhandle Independent Living Center website (link opens in a new window)

The purpose of this program is to assist people of all ages to gain effective control and direction of their own lives through life skills training, peer counseling, advocacy and information and referral services.
YES (Youth Encountering Services) These services available for youth ages 12 years to 21 years. Meets twice a month during the school year and during the summer months. All services provided free. Must be enrolled in school.

Second Chance Foundation
BSA Health System
1600 Wallace
This provides support to disabled individuals and can provide hospital beds, bath benches, walkers, transportation, college tuition, specialized lifts, wheelchairs, scooters and vans equipped with a lift.

Seven Star Horse and Family Center
P.P. Box 50655
Seven Star Horse website (link opens in a new window)

The location is at Lavas Terra Firma Equestrian Center at S. FM 1258 (Take I-40 South to Pullman Rd. and turn left. Go 9.3 miles down Pullman.) This therapeutic riding program was designed to improve the quality of life for special needs, disabled, and at risk children and their families. It promotes a strong sense of accomplishment, personal growth, family development, and pride with themselves and others around them.

Uniting Parents Coalition of Health Services, Inc.
806-337-1700 ext. 212
They serve families of children with disabilities 0 to age 21 with case management services and can provide information and referral services.