Educators are the "core" of what we do in Amarillo ISD.
We're looking for the next generation of educators and
we think they're already in our classrooms -- as students.
Amarillo Independent School District's Cultivating Our Rising Educators (CORE)
Twenty students will be selected from Amarillo ISD high school senior applicants who see their future as a teacher in one of the 55 AISD schools.
Who can apply for CORE?
We are looking for current AISD seniors who want to be an AISD teacher upon graduation from West Texas A&M University with a bachelor's degree in education and a Texas Educator Certificate in their chosen field.
Benefits of being in CORE:
- You will have a mentor teacher/administrator from AISD who will begin to mentor you in the Spring of 2020. This mentor will be there for you all four years of college as well as the first two years of your teaching career.
- Eligible to apply for scholarships through WTAMU and receive a housing incentive while living on campus.
- You will receive teacher training from AISD that will help you be successful upon entering the classroom Day 1.
- You will receive assistance when studying for your certification tests.
- You will be involved with the Amarillo community that serves our families.
- YOU WILL BE A TEACHER WITH AISD -- upon graduating from college with a bachelor’s degree, attaining a Texas Educator Certification, meeting the high standards of Amarillo Independent School District, and receiving AISD Board of Trustee approval.
The application process is simple!
- Apply and be accepted to WTAMU
- Complete WTAMU's online scholarship application by the priority deadline of 02-01-2020. www.wtamu.edu/scholarships (Page opens in a new window)
- Secure a letter of recommendation from an AISD educator, professional support staff member (counselor, librarian, etc.) or administrator who has made a strong impact on you.
- Complete your online application by creating an account in TalentEd:
- Go to https://amaisd.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx (Page opens in a new window).
- Find the listing “Cultivating Our Rising Educators (CORE) 2020” and click on that posting.
- Click “Apply”.
- You will be asked to create an account:
- You must have an email address.
- You will create a login and password that you will remember.
- Complete all parts of the application and submit.
- SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION BEFORE 01-31-2020, at 11:59 P.M. You may submit your application without the letter of recommendation; HOWEVER, the letter must be uploaded to your profile by the 01-31-2020, deadline.
- On February 3, 2020, you will receive a link to complete an online video interview.
- Complete the video interview by February 10, 2020.
The 20 students chosen to be in the AISD CORE cadre will be announced in April.
When you become a teacher in AISD, you will be able to share your love of a subject or grade level. You will be able to have fun as every day is different. You will make a difference in the lives of students who may want to be part of CORE when they graduate!
"Teachers, I believe, are the most responsible and important members of society
because their professional efforts affect the fate of the earth."
-- Helen Caldicott, author and peace activist
Dr. Zuleyma Carruba-Rogel