Driver Education Provided by Amarillo ISD
2021 Driver Education Virtual Classroom Instruction
- July 2021
- Monday July 5, 2021 through July 30, 2021
- Enrollment opens June 7, 2021, and closes June 28, 2021, or when the class is full
- September 2021
- Monday, September 13, 2021 through October 8, 2021
- Enrollment opens August 2, 2021, and closes September 7, 2021, or when the class is full
Driver Ed Virtual Classroom registration is online. Following registration, an email will be sent with a payment link. Registration is now open to students who meet the criteria below.
- Must be an AISD Student with a valid AISD email account.
- Must be fifteen (15) to seventeen and one-half (17.5) years of age on day of enrollment.
- Must have technology device (computer, laptop, Chromebook) with camera, audio capabilities, and internet access.
- Daily classroom instruction and assignments are Monday-Friday for four weeks. The course must be completed within the scheduled period. No extension. No refunds.
- Students work on the course a maximum of two hours per day, per Texas Driver Education Laws.
- Attendance mandatory -- Any absences require makeup lessons to earn the 32 classroom hours. Enrollment dropped on the fifth (5th) absence.
- All instruction will be virtual with definite starting and ending dates. Instructors will be available for conferences with students or parents during their posted office hours.
- Texas Driver Ed DE-964 certificates will be available a week after course completion.
- Students are required to take a written test at the Department of Public Safety to obtain a permit. There is an additional fee at the DPS.
- After obtaining a permit, students must also complete a behind-the-wheel instruction course. This can be a parent taught program or with a local commercial driving school.
Total cost is $80.00 ($76.00 classroom instruction and $4.00 Texas Driver Education Certificate DE-964E). No refunds.
Driver Education Virtual Classroom Registration Form:
If you need further information, please contact Linda Wilson at email@example.com.