Herbal Substances/Dietary Supplements Guidelines
In accordance with FFAC (local),
- The student's ARD committee determines that the administration of the herbal substance or dietary supplement at school should be included in the student's IEP.
- All herbal/dietary supplements must be kept in a locked cabinet in the health room clinic.
- A campus administrator (or the administrator's designee, other than a school nurse) shall be responsible for administering the herbal/dietary supplement in accordance with the physician's directives.
- All herbal/dietary supplements must be in their original container and properly labeled.
- A consent form must be signed and dated by the parent/guardian.
- A Physician's Order must be presented to the school before an herbal/dietary supplement will be administered.
- A dose change will only be made with a Physician's Order. A parent may revoke consent to administer an herbal/dietary supplement at any time.
- The Physician's Order and Parent's Consent form must be updated and on file at the beginning of each school year or when the student enrolls.