ARD Committee Membership
Each campus principal in the Amarillo ISD shall ensure that the ARD/IEP team for each child with a disability includes:
- The parents of the child with the disability.
- At least one regular education teacher of the child if the child is, or may be, participating in the regular education environment.
- At least one special education teacher of the child, or if appropriate, at least one special education provider of the child.
- A representative of the public agency. In Amarillo ISD the representative of the public agency has been defined by local guidelines to be the principal, assistant principal, or another person who has been approved by the superintendent to perform this duty.
- An individual who can interpret the instructional implications of evaluation results, who may be one of the other members of the team.
- At the discretion of the parent or the agency, other individuals who have knowledge of special expertise regarding the child, including related services personnel as appropriate.
- If appropriate, the child with the disability.
- When appropriate, a teacher of the hearing impaired, a teacher of the visually impaired, a member of the LPAC committee, and a representative from career and technology.